Baring weather or equipment delays, this page will update every 20 minutes when we are underway sometime Saturday afternoon.
This post will stay at the top of the page and subsequent posts will be listed below until the delivery is concluded.
About 30 minutes out of Westport we had a dramatic drop in RPMs. We’re dealing with cleaning the fliters. The process will delay our Columbia Bar crossing until tomorrow.
While not knowing the source for sure, I do know the last place we purchased fuel was La Push.
Departing at 0800 for Westport (fuel) then on to Astoria today. About 110 nm.
La Push for the evening. Westport for fuel tomorrow, then Astoria tomorrow eve, then a push to St Helens.
Headed for Sequim Bay for the evening.
The forecast looks great
(Which is paramount for this vessel)
Here’s the Bearing that failed. It’s located just forward of the dripless shaft seal.
This is the McGyver fix that our mechanic Calen Mehrer and Kevin Benson camp up with.
They used a come along to raise the shaft just enough to get a grease soaked line around the shaft and then continued to drip water on the assembly to drip water from a cup on the assembly for three hours while we made way at 3kts for the Cojo anchorage 12nm away.
Babbitt Bearing info via Wikipedia is HERE.
Here’s our location off Point Conception.
Here we are under tow by Vessel Assist to Santa Barbera, about 40nm away.
A new pillow block and Babbitt bearing has been ordered and will be installed next Tuesday. We’ll return Wed or Thurs to complete the trip.
The bearing will be replaced next Tuesday, allowing the bad weather south of here to dissipate.
Calen Mehrer and I will return late next week and do the last 160 nm from Santa Barbera to San Diego.
We’re do into Bellingham at 1308 today from LAX.